THE BLACK&WHITE STORY
On December 23, 2015 an email arrived in my inbox. This email not only threw me, but changed the way I would provide quality professional products to my clients in both my day spas, which at the time was my principal business.
I was tired of being used by suppliers in the beauty industry, and I was tired of the little person in business not mattering anymore. So I created a brand that cares about people, BLACK&WHITE.
I am very passionate about bringing quality products to my clients and the public. I am equally passionate about creating opportunities for the survival of small businesses and retailers in the beauty industry. BLACK&WHITE has a wide range of beautiful 'result driven' products as each and every consumer has varying needs. All ingredients are listed, giving consumers total control over the products they are applying to their skin.
BLACK&WHITE CELLULAR LEVEL SKINCARE
CELLULAR LEVEL SKIN CARE LIKE NO OTHER
Ingredients driven, loaded with vital enzymes, minerals and nutrients BLACK&WHITE'S Cellular level skincare enables us to address our client's skincare concerns. We can prescribe the recommended in spa/clinic treatments best suited to individual needs with confidence. We can also prescribe a superb home care maintenance programme. This complements and extends the results of our professional treatments - we aim to deliver our clients tangible long term benefits.
Happy Shopping WITH LOVE
LEADING EDGE INGREDIENTS AND FORMULAS
BLACK&WHITE'S Formulist Sam Dhatt was the first to formulate with innovative ingredients that become industry staples. The same remains true today.
Absolutely no one else uses them in the same way our formulist Sam Dhatt does and we are extremely privileged and proud to have Sam formulate for us.
Our ingredients are of the highest quality, ensured by our state-of-the-art lab and team educators. These ingredients are used to craft exceptional skincare products that address any client concerns and ensures the skin realises its full potential.
BLACK&WHITE PURE NATURAL SKINCARE
NATURAL SKIN CARE
BLACK&WHITE'S pure natural, ingredients skin care was born after trying and testing many samples supplied by our formulist. BLACK&WHITE products contain great ingredients and a superb aroma of hand-picked essential oils.
We pride ourselves on our choice of ingredients and celebrate being able to bring you the ultimate in pure natural skin care.
Please note that our products contain both organic and natural ingredients, and that our products are not 100% organic or natural, but their % bases range between 65% and 72% Organic, and 97% and 98% Natural. Please see the ingredient lists for full details or contact us for more specific information.
Happy Shopping WITH LOVE
BLACK&WHITE CELLULAR LEVEL /MINERAL MAKEUP
BLACK&WHITE'S CELLULAR LEVEL & MINERAL MAKEUP
BLACK&WHITE'S formulations give us the opportunity to bring you an amazing extensive makeup line with ingredients that are able to satisfy a diverse range of needs. We understand that is is important to know what is going on your skin, and we understand the importance of having the opportunity to make that choice. We also realise the benefit of certain ingredients that give our Colour Cosmetics their pigments and stability - this is why BLACK&WHITE decided to do two different product lines. Products from BLACK&WHITE'S Cellular level and Mineral Makeup line have many amazing natural ingredients, but also contain some non-natural ingredients. However, because choice is important, we have also created BLACK&WHITE's pure natural range.
EXPERIENCE & INNOVATION
BLACK&WHITE only uses expert product formulists and laboratories which have the resources and the knowledge to create innovative, technologically-advanced beauty products.
MANY OF OUR COLOUR COSMETICS & MINERAL MAKEUP ARE (but not all)
- Paraben Free
- Made in New York or Canada
- Hypo-Allergenic or Allergy Tested
- Non Comedogenic
- Free of Fragrance
BLACK&WHITE's suppliers certify that NO finished products manufactured by them have been tested on animals.
Happy Shopping WITH LOVE
BLACK&WHITE PURE NATURAL MAKEUP
The Cruelty Free Seal was acquired by our supplier through the Leaping Bunny programme.
Cruelty Free means that none of our ingredients are tested on animals to check its safety for use on humans.
BLACK&WHITE offers a clean, pure, natural and beautiful alternative to conventional cosmetics – free from toxins, irritants and chemicals without compromising on performance or durability.
Our formulists strive to reach 100% of these standards by incorporating the best available raw materials with the maximum percentage of organic, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients.
Our products contain predominately natural ingredients, many of which are certified organic. Most products are also vegan and gluten free! We also stock a full line of natural makeup, mineral based makeup and cosmetic brushes. We help paint a pretty face – Naturally!
CURRENTLY TRIALING AND TESTING
BLACK&WHITE Still has not found the right product, we will not introduce anything until we know it is perfect
* * WATCH THIS SPACE * *
BLACK&WHITE'S CANDLE & ROOM DIFFUSER RANGE
Carefully crafted and formulated for BLACK&WHITE right here in New Zealand. The range is simply beautiful can be tailor made to indulge your individual senses.
Enjoy the ambience of a beautiful soy candle and indulge your senses with our elegant room diffusers.
BLACK&WHITE'S PURE BODY BEAUTIFUL RANGE
Carefully crafted and formulated for BLACK&WHITE right here in New Zealand. Our Body range is unique with the most indulgent ingredients.
Body Cleanse / Body Whip / Body Butter / Body Scrub / Body Moisture Bath Salts
FITZPATRICK SKIN TYPE
|Skin type||Typical Features||Tanning ability|
|I||Pale white skin, blue/green eyes, blonde/red hair||Always burns, does not tan|
|II||Fair skin, blue eyes||Burns easily, tans poorly|
|III||Darker white skin||Tans after initial burn|
|IV||Light brown skin||Burns minimally, tans easily|
|V||Brown skin||Rarely burns, tans darkly easily|
|VI||Dark brown or black skin||Never burns, always tans darkly|
EVERY WOMAN IS BEAUTIFUL
TO DETERMINE YOUR UNDERTONES, TRY THIS
- Your skin tone, or undertone, does not refer to the shade of your skin (light, medium, dark). Rather, that is your complexion, or the surface color of your skin. Your skin tone is determined by the amount of melanin, or pigment, in your skin and does not change from sun exposure or skin conditions like rosacea or acne. So while a persons skin may become pale in the winter and a rich brown in the summer, their skin tone will remain the same.
- Your skin tone will be one of the following: cool, warm, or neutral.
- Keep in mind your skin tone does not necessarily match what you see on the surface. So you may have pink or ruddy skin, but your skin tone may actually differ.
- Before attempting any of the following steps, make sure your skin is clean and free of any makeup, or toner. If you just washed your face, wait about 15 minutes before proceeding, as your skin may appear pink from cleansing , creating blood circulation making it difficult to see your true undertone.
- Always use natural lighting when examining your skin. Different lightbulbs can affect your skin differently--they may give it a yellow or green cast, and interfere with the appearance of your skin tone.
- THE VEIN TEST
This is a quick way to determine your undertones. Make sure you are examining your wrists in natural light, either standing near a window or outdoors, and that your wrist is clean and free of product.
If your veins appear blue or purple, you have a cool skin tone
If your veins appear green, you have a warm skin tone.
If you can't tell if your veins are green or blue, you may have a neutral skin tone. If you have an olive complexion, you likely fall into this category.
- THE SUN TEST
Do you tan easily? Do you burn or get freckles? The amount of melanin in your skin determines how it reacts to sun exposure and can help you determine your skin tone.
If you tan easily and rarely burn, you have more melanin and you likely have a warm or neutral skin tone.
If your skin burns and doesn't tan, you have less melanin and therefore a cooler skin tone.Some women with very dark, ebony skin may not burn easily but still have a cool skin tone. Try a few more tests to figure out your undertone.
- THE WHITE PAPER TEST
Looking in a mirror, try to see how your skin looks in contrast to the white paper. It may appear to have a yellow cast, a blue-red or rosy cast, or it may not appear to be either, but a grey color instead.
If your skin appears yellowish or sallow beside the white paper, you have a warm skin tone.
If your skin appears pink, rosy, or blueish-red, then you have a cool skin tone.
If your skin appears grey, your skin probably has an olive complexion with a neutral undertone. The green from your complexion and the yellowish undertone combines to create this effect.[
You can experiment with neutral and warm tones, since you fall somewhere in between.
If you can't determine any cast of yellow, olive, or pink, you have a neutral skin tone. Neutral tones can look good in foundations and colours on both ends of the cool/warm spectrum.
- THE SILVER OR GOLD TEST
Hold a sheet of gold foil in front of your face so that it reflects light back on your skin. Note whether it makes your face look greyish or washed out, or if it enhances your skin. Then try with a sheet of silver foil
If the gold foil looks best, you have a warm skin tone.
If the reflection from the silver foil makes your skin glow, you have a cool skin tone.
If you don't notice a difference (both silver and gold are flattering), then you likely have a neutral skin tone.
If you don't have gold or silver foil, try laying gold and silver jewelry on your wrist, and notice which one is more flattering.
- THE NOT SO OBVIOUS TEST
If you have acne, rosacea, or another condition that might mask your skin tone, you can have a friend look at the the skin directly behind the shell of your ear, as this area is less likely to be affected.
Have them examine the skin right in the little crease behind your ear.
If your skin is yellowish, then your skin tone is warm.If your skin is pink or rosy, then your skin tone is cool
If they have difficulty, they can try holding a white piece of paper near the skin. That should help them see if it appears yellow or pink .
- Your complexion refers to the surface shade of your skin, such as fair, medium, olive, tan, or dark and is not necessarily fixed. So your complexion may be lighter in the winter and darker during the summer. By looking at the skin near your jawline, you should be able to determine your colouring.
- Make sure your skin is clean and free of any product, such as foundation or powder,
- If your skin can be described as very white, pale or translucent, you are fair skinned. You may have freckles or a little redness to your complexion. Your skin is very sensitive to the sun and burns easily.You may have cool or warm undertones.
- If you have pale skin that burns in the sun but then deepens into a tan, you have light skin. You may have a little red colouring and your skin may be mildly sensitive.May have cool or warm undertones.
- If you tan very easily and rarely burn, you have a medium skin tone. You likely have warm or golden undertones. This is a very common complexion.
- If your skin is olive or tan year-round (even in the winter), your complexion is likely tan. You almost never get a sunburn and your undertone is probably neutral or warm.
- If you have warm, brown skin and back or dark brown hair, you have a warm complexion. Your skin darkens very quickly in the sun and you rarely burn. Your undertones are almost always warm. Women of Indian or African descent often fall into this category.
- If you have very dark, even ebony skin and have black or dark brown hair, you have a deep complexion. You may have a warm or cool skin tone and your skin hardly ever burns.
- What shade of foundation and colour eye shadow is best for a warm skin tone? If you have warm skin, it's nice to go for deep browns, purples, plums, and golds for eye shadow. For foundation, it really depends, try some shades with yellow undertones to find the one that looks best on you
- What hair colours flatter a warm tone? Golden browns look really nice with a golden coloured undertone and sometimes orange-red can bring out the warmth in your skin.
- What colour lipsticks are best for warm toned people? Anything with a warm undertone. If you wanted red, you'd be better off going with an orange-red, whereas someone with a cool undertone would go with a blue-based red.
- What's the difference between pigmentation and undertones? Pigmentation is the amount of melatonin in your skin and is the colour you see. Undertones are the subtle base colour for your skin tone.
- What foundation should I use for a warm skin tone?, look for ones that appear to have a yellow, gold, or orange-like glow/tint to them. Shades that look like they have soft pink/peachy undertones will most likely look better on people with a cool skin tone.
- What hair colours flatter a cool tone? Hair colours have warm and cool tones as well. To balance things out, try a colour with a warm tone to it, such as: orange-y red, golden blonde, honey brown, and chocolate brunette. Avoid black, if you can, unless your hair is naturally black.
- What nail polish colour will flatter tan-medium skin with neutral/warm tone? Blues with green tints look nice, as well as neutral pinks, nudes and golds.
- I have one purple vein and one greenish blue vein. I have no idea what skin tone I am! Do you look better in greens, golds, and oranges? Then you may have a warm skin tone. Do you look better in silver or purple? Then you might have a cool skin tone. If your hair is red or auburn, it's probably warm, whereas blonde would indicate cool.
- What skin tone would I be considered if my skin is greyish white silver tones? You would still be meant as white. If you check under the sun, it should indicate whether you are pale white or tan white
- HOW DID YOU GET ON ?
If you are unsure please visit your nearest stockist or contact BLACK&WHITE BEAUTY
WHY: BLACK&WHITE VEGAN BRUSHES
BLACK&WHITE'S selection of 100% synthetic brushes are cruelty free and vegan approved (No animal hair/fur)
Not all synthetic brushes are created equal! Each one of BLACK&WHITE'S very special brown faux brushes is designed to work with both creams and powders. They pick up colour well and deliver a smooth application. They are the softest brushes ever to touch your face. With matte black handles and black ferrules, these brushes not only feel fantastic and work well but they look amazing! Synthetic bristles are hypoallergenic.
WHY: BLACK&WHITE ACCESSORIES
WITH BLACK&WHITE'S MAKEUP ACCESSORIES YOU CAN
- Have a little fun
- Build your basic makeup kit
- Build an advanced makeup kit
WHY: BLACK&WHITE MAKEUP TOOLS
WITH BLACK&WHITE'S MAKEUP TOOLS YOU CAN
- Create that perfect look with easy application
- Have a little fun